chef Connie installs a set of keyboard shortcuts that make it easy for you to get around your recipes when your hands are available or if you don't have a smart speaker handy.
- Shift + Space—opens the chef Connie window; if the web page you are on has a recipe on it we will try to read it immediately upon opening.
WHEN PAGE CONTAINS ACTIVE RECIPE
- Shift + Left/Right Arrows—move to the next (right) or previous (left) step.
WHEN CHEF CONNIE WINDOW IS OPEN
- Esc—close the chef Connie window.
- Space—focus on the next recipe. The focused recipe in the list will have a darker background than the others.
- Up/Down Arrows—focus on the previous (up) or next (down) recipe. This stops at the top of the list, but will cycle through the bottom.
- Enter—select the focused recipe. This will change the tab to the selected recipe, opening a new tab if necessary, and scroll to the current step.
- Shift + Enter—complete the focused recipe.
If you are trying to select a recipe, you may optionally hold down the Shift button while selecting a recipe with Space or Up/Down, then release Shift to select it (as if you pressed Enter).